Roommate Feast & Fun!
When I woke up this morning, I had pains in my stomach. I even vomited. In all honesty though, I have been sick these last couple of days: constant nausea, intermittent vomiting, the works… but that’s besides the point. Anyway, ok… sorry… what I’m shooting at is that I was very nervous for my dentist appointment.
**Yes. Those are delicious smoothie cocktails… we’ll get there. Just hang on Alch-ie…***
This morning, was my appointment with the dental specialist to discuss the severity and surgical extraction of all four of my wisdom teeth. I was nervous but the doctor and his assistant were both so incredibly nice and made me feel very comfortable. They explained everything that would happen on the day of my surgery and told me the one thing I wanted to hear:
“we’re going to gas you, then put you under IV sedation. you’ll wake up with a band-aid on your arm and plenty of pain meds for your mouth.”
-ok, maybe that wasn’t the exact quote. but it’s pretty close!
I could hear the hallelujah chorus.
That is exactly what I wanted to here.
- Rip ‘dem out, baby! -
Nervous in the dentist’s office.
In addition to the fabuloussss Vicodin, when I called my manager about heading down to work afterwards, she let me take the rest of day to relax. It was awesome! (Thanks, Kia!!!) -feelin’ groovy!
This evening, me and my roommates decided we would make Rum Smoothies. We had all sorts of fruit, juices and a couple of different liquors… it was fantastic! Check out our spread of ingredients:
Mmmm… Love all the fresh and healthy deliciousness
… and now, the finished products!
Kacie and Casey both had:
- Mixed Berries (Blueberries, Black Raspberries, Red Raspberries, Strawberries)
- Yoplait Blackberry Pomegranate/Yoplait Blackberry Harvest Yogurt
- Minute Made Pomegranate & Berry 100% Fruit Juice
- Mixed Berries (Blueberries, Black Raspberries, Red Raspberries, Strawberries.
J made his smoothie with:
- Dannon Plain Yogurt
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Mixed Berries
J refuses to pose for pictures, but Casey is a camera-whore like me and has no problem.
We had a lot of fun with making and drinking our delicious smoothies!
“BUT WAIT, THER’S MORE…”
(usually, NONE of us would have bought frozen/bagged shrimp and fish OR packaged steak… but it was late.)
We also decided we would make some steak and seafood and lots of healthy veggies and good stuff.
Kacie and I made the shrimp-kabobs! I think they were not only tasty but completely freaking awesome!
The excess shrimp served as a lovely hor dourve.
J. primarily maned the grill getting assistance from Casey.
… and I helped to!
Check-out that delicious swordfish!
I’m finding my tastes have totally changed and I’m loving seafood a lot recently.
Kacie did an amazing job setting the outside table.
We chose to eat by candle light “under” the stars.
Filet Mignon rapped in Bacon
Mixed Green Salad
Grilled Mixed Veges
… moi delicioso.
My yummy-packed plate
Kacie’s Dish of Deliciousness
Needless to say, we’re all stuffed. It’s so nice to genuinely enjoy the people you live with. Friends with similar, yet various, opinions and interests who can sit around and not get sick of each other’s company. I’m lucky.
I feel amazing. I really do. The stresses I’ve been carrying are slowly beginning to diminish:
- My teeth are being fixed(with the help of my awesome insurance).
- The theatre season is coming to and end which allows me time to actually have a f*cking life of my own. (Not seeing the people I love, like my parents, sisters and best friend Kacie made me feel so depressed.)
- The free time also allows me to complete the list of artistic projects that I’ve been dying to work on. (I’m freaking out due to the lack of creativity I’ve been able to pursue. I WANT TO START-WORK ON-COMPLETE MY PROJECTS!!)
- My eating and health habits are changing for the better and it feels great! I feel great! Preparing and cooking my own food accentuates the dinning experience and having the best company in which to share this is a total plus.
Just feels good! which may ultimately be the Vicodin+Valium+Agent”X” Combo… who knows?