Today I enjoyed a much deserved day off from work at the clinic with my boyfriend Casey. He took me to brunch where we got our food to go and eat while we enjoyed the beautiful South Florida weather at a local park. After that we set out on our mission for that day: To buy Casey a new wardrobe… or at least start.
Of course I can never resist shopping and I picked up a few things for myself.
- I saw this t-shirt at H&M and I had to buy it. All my Jim Morrison gear is worn out or shrunken. I saw it, gasped and immediately ran over to pick out my size. There was no question that it would be mine. –$17.95
While there I saw an adorable rock and roll leather mini skirt and I wanted one! The only one left was the one on the mannequin and it was a 4 so I wanted to strip that baby off and at least try it on. The store was a mad house however and the staff was rude on top of completely stupid… plus, I want to invest in a really nice one.
- I picked up a pair of bangles on clearance at Target for about $3.
- At Forever21 (the store was so cluttered and messy, I much prefer just continuing to order from the site) I picked up this adorable Pearl Neckline Top. I just love Pearls! This top is perfect for me. -$17.80
- And since they were only $1.50 I got this 3 pair pack of “pearl” earrings.
*TIP* I have a HORRIBLE intolerance to cheap jewelry and a nickel allergy. I love funky, original jewelry so when I find fakey pieces I like I used clear nail polish on them. In stead of fighting with green skin and nickel rash, I avoid it by applying a single layer or clear coat on the part of the jewelry that meets my skin. (IE: the inside of rings and the stud on earrings.) IT REALLY WORKS and elongates the life of your cheap jewelry… it doesn’t look so gross so quick.
- At Marshall’s I picked up this basic, long sleeve T for -$7.99.
- I got this basic black pencil skirt at Ross for $9.99. (I love pencil skirts… and my last black one has a bumpy “pootch” thing up top.)
- I also got a sparkly Ava Rose Wristlet for only $5.99! (it’s going to match my Sparkly black Steven Madden pumps perfect!! … when I buy them. 🙂 )
Casey got several button-up Oxfords, Lucky Brand Jeans and Lucky Brand PJ pants. He was a bit disappointed with his haul for the day, be we’ll just have to go shopping again soon! 😉