The 83rd Annual Academy Awards were presented tonight from The Kodak Theater in Hollywood. The night’s winners included:
- Best Picture: The King’s Speech
- Best Director: Tom Hooper, The King’s Speech
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, The Fighter
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo, The Fighter
- Best Actor: Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
- Best Actress: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
The evening’s awards were hosted by James Franco, who I’m pretty sure was completely stoned, and Anne Hathaway. Now, I love both of these actors but they were horrid hosts. Really bad. They kept talking about “younger age demographics” and “flubs”… it was bad, they were bad… however, Anne’s many wardrobe changes were pretty fabulous.
- Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci. Briane Atwood Shoes. Tiffany Jewelry
- Lanvin custom suit. Brian Atwood Swarovski crystal shoes –which were the best part of my watching experience!!!– & Tiffany Jewelry.
- Vivenne Westwood corseted couture gown. Jimmy Choo shoes. Tiffany Jewelry
- Oscar De La Renta. Jimmy Choo. Tiffany Jewelry. –LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.– I want it!
- Burgundy Atelier Versace. Tiffany Jewelry.
- Sapphire Giorgio Armani Prive dress and heels. Tiffany Jewelry.
- Tom Ford lace and crystal gown. Tiffany Jewelry.
Really? WTF is that all over your dress?
Was this designed by the makers of Easy Bake Over? I don’t get it…
but I would have expected more “wow” from a nominee.
Amy Adams… who I love anyway!
I’m over you.
and completely tired of your forced sentimental speeches.
You’re acting is terrible, making those “touching” announcements unbearable.
We know you’re not really about to cry. You know how we know?
You and Melissa Leo should be excommunicated from the Church of Hollywood for such atrocious displays of false emotional reactions.
You two make Marilyn Monroe look like Kathrine Hepburn.
(Ps. I love both Marilyn and Kate)
….and, Halle, you are quite obviously so desperate for attention, which is gross.
Your award show wardrobe picks recently scream “please pay attention to me again!”
-sorry for the recent lack of posts. I’ve been very occupied by the theatre this week and this shall continue through the beginning of this week. I’m in some serious need of some down time and mental relaxation… seriously. I’m going crazy. But, in the words of Lena Horne, which were displayed following Ms. Berry’s horrific attempt at sincerity…
-“It’s not the load that breaks you, it’s how you carry it.”
I will think of this until my next day off. It just seems so far away…