Recently, I signed up with the Influenster community and was selected to receive June’s VoxBox, Surfs Up. In case you don’t already know, Influenster is an online community where members share their thoughts and reviews on beauty and lifestyle products. Members are selected to receive VoxBoxes full of free sample products to try out. Being a Florida girl, I guess Influenster thought June’s Surfs Up VoxBox would be a good fit for me since it’s all about having fun in the sun while remaining healthy and beautiful.
I initially filmed an unboxing video (which I will share below) but now that I’ve had the chance to give all these products a proper try I’d like to report my findings. So here goes:
- Jamba Juice Smoothie Kit – I received a coupon for a FREE Jamba Juice Smoothie Kit as well as a second coupon for $1 off of another kit. I looked for these at my local Publix but didn’t see them so I haven’t been able to try these kits out. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for them.
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion – I’ve been using this lotion after days having fun in the sun since receiving this sample bottle and I really do quite like it. This lotion smells like coconut and papaya which is really nice. It applies and hydrates nicely without feeling heavy or greasy. I’ll most likely continuing purchasing this one in the future in replace of my usual after sun aloe gel-lotion. This one combines “ribbons” of gel and lotion; the perfect combination.
- First Aid Shot Therapy – This liquid pain reliever was very useful and effective at fighting a serious bout of cramps this month. Quick and easy, it did the trick. I doubt I’ll go out of my way to find a purchase these again though.
- SinfulColors Professional Nail Polish – I received #10 Aqua. I’ve purchased SinfulColors many times in the past from my local Walgreens so it’s safe to say that I’m a fan of this brand. They apply and cover well but aren’t extremely resilient to chipping. Great for vastly expanding your nail color arsenal at only $1.99 a bottle but as a bartender working with my hands, I try to go for higher-end polishes that have passed my harsh professional conditions tests.
- Covergirl Bombshell Curvaceous by Lashblast Mascara – I’m not a fan of Covergirl mascaras. In fact, I’m not a fan of Covergirl at all. I find their products to be the lowest of quality and this mascara was no different. I’m not particularly picky about mascaras and try a lot of different brands with various styles of wands and I haven’t been this disappointed/unimpressed with a mascara in a long while. This mascara has dual wands, one for curling and the second for intensifying. The first brush is curved and promises to add thickness and volume but I noticed neither. The second side has a straight brush that is expected to “seal” the look like a topcoat for lashes. This is just stupid. Both wands are so short that it makes application quite awkward and I doubt the formula for side one and two is different. If they are two different formulas, my apologies for my ignorance but this crap still does’t work well. My lashes looked like I barely applied any mascara at all unless I applied coat after coat after coat and it ran from basic daily functioning giving me black raccoon eyes (and not the glamorous sexy kind). Skip this mascara.
Thanks for reading! I’m excited to find out what Influenster has in store for me in the future! Below I’m sharing my unboxing video. This is my very first video!!! I cringe while watching it and have a list a mile long of mental notes for future videos but I’d still like to share it with you anyway. (Be gentle in your judging of my videography, please!)
Thanks again! Love, GK