The Look Of Love
February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
This month’s glam bag was alright for me. I’m not thrilled about any of the products inside but I’m happy I didn’t receive any repeats (unless you count the Zoya polish but it’s always a new color and I love nail polish soooo…). The theme for February was “The Look of Love” and thats not surprising since most people think Valentine’s Day when they think February. How come more people don’t think of Presidents Day or Groundhog Day? Two of our most influential presidents were February born but we all fixate upon a Christian Saint’s Day represented by a Roman/Greek God depicted as a chubby magical baby shooting arrows of love through the hearts of humans. But I digress. This month’s romantic-themed products came about a week too late to use on the big day and I’m actually a bit annoyed with that too. I used to count on receiving my glam bag around the 10th-12th of each month; it seems recently my bag arrives later and later. Who am I to pass judgement though? I’ve never been on time for anything in my life.
- Zoya – Nail Polish in Odette – I’m a fan of Zoya and 100% because of the numbers bottles I’ve received from my various beauty box subscriptions over the past year and half. I’m a fan of purples and am happy to have this new color in my collection.
- First Aid Beauty – Skin Rescue Deep Cleansing with Red Clay – I haven’t given this product a try yet but I’m looking forward to doing so.
- Pop Beauty – Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal – I like Pop Beauty products and there has been no shortage of products from this company in my glam bags since my first delivery. I like this gloss and the color is fun and feminine. Feels good to apply and even better to wear. The tint lasts for a while but reapplications are a must when wearing out. (Otherwise you get that left-over super ring of color around the lip line.)
- City Color – Be Matte Blush in – I’m not familiar with City Color and was concerned this product was a little “cheap” for Ipsy. The color is light but effective and very pigmented. Not a lot is needed for a soft peachy-pink cheek.
- Tini Beauty – Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in One in Ambrosia – I really like this eye shadow and the Tini products often prove to be quite good quality. I was excited to find this one in my bag and it is by far my favorite product that I received this month.
The colors of each product appear a bit lighter in this photo but they’re all pretty and girlie and I’ll have a lot of fun adding these to my looks. Thanks to you guys using my personal link to sign up to be an Ipster, I’ve accrued a decent amount of Ipsy Points and was able to cash in a few of them on some additional products that I also received this month.
Additionally, I received High Beam highlighter from Benefit and Salon Secrets Nail Art Starter Kit from Kiss. I absolutely love High Beam from Benefit and have used it in the past. I’m pretty jazzed to play around the all the tacky goodness the Kiss Nail Art Kit provides too! I redeemed points for an NYX Bronze Smokey Eye Kit too but didn’t receive it with this delivery. (Maybe next month?) I really hope Ipsy changes up their selection of redeemable points products soon. Once you redeem your points for one of the available products, you can’t redeem points for a duplicate and they’re seemingly very slow to update those options. I have more points to trade it and am looking forward to doing so soon! As a loyal Ipster and one who has recommended several new Ipsters, I’d like to take advantage of my points as quickly and as often as possible.
If you’re interested in signing up to receive your monthly Glam Bag from Ipsy, you can CLICK HERE and do so. You’ll also help me rack up more of those Ipsy Points for awesome products!! Once a subscriber, you’ll receive a personalized link you can provide to friends, family, readers, whoever and you’ll begin accruing your own Ipsy Points!
Thanks for much for reading!